Crafters In Disguise

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Painting the Spring


I ran out of mounted canvases so this was painted using acryllics on canvas paper. Mary Blair's artwork served as inspiration (it was an easy transition from Eyvind Earle since both painted Disney animation concept art). I really like the combination of orange and aqua blue, so after starting with an aqua-colored background I decided that had to be sky, so why not have a blossoming orange tree? I also felt that the clouds in the sky were a little lonely without a few white doves frolicking in the breeze.

2 comments:

  1. That's so happy, I love it!

    Give it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I framed this pic and it is now hanging in our guest bathroom! Bright green and aqua towels and an orchid complete the room staging makeover.

    ReplyDelete